Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hudson the wonder dog and I visited the Devicers' for a bit yesterday to renew her friendship with their pair of pooches. Since the arrival of her young ward Gunnar, she has fully emerged as an extremely alpha dog, and has taken to putting other dogs in what she deems their appropriate places on a regular basis. Things went great on our visit, helping confirm that she doesn't seem to have a problem with her existing friends, and that she seems to have more of an issue with male dogs than females. Sure enough, this morning walking with her pack of trail friends she got to face off with the male Irish Wolfhound who ran over one of our Smurfs a while back, and demonstrated her wild (dare I say insane) side by completely backing down this 150+ lb monster with a display of furious barking. As the old saying goes, it's not the size of the dog in the fight... it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Love Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play Time: Python Challenge. Thanks memepool.com.
Links of the Day: How Lightsabers Work. Thanks (and congrats to) EvilToast.
Khronos Projector. Thanks EvilToast.
Stories of the Day: Dozens Contract Illness From Small Pets.
Science: Wind, voltage postpones electric car record attempt.
The speedy way to capture a city.
Army to Get Energy-Converting Sheeting.
Media of the Day: Unknown Hinson. Thanks EvilToast.
LEGO Star Wars: Revenge of the Brick.
The Dukes of Hazzard.
Teh Funnies: Dr. Fun.
Follow-ups: Pope's old car sells on Internet for nearly quarter million dollars.
Mars Polar Lander Found at Last?
Darwin on trial: Evolution hearings open in Kansas. Tennessee vs. Scopes II?

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Now THIS pissed my off May 6, 2005, 20:33 eunichron

It doesn't say anything about him being polite. It says the teacher was polite, and the kid became "defiant and disorderly." Just because the kid's mom is in Iraq doesn't give him the right to disobey the rules.

Let's see, first few minutes of class gets missed or kid has to hang up on his mom whom he may never see alive again..

Yeah right. An SFC in a support battalion? She probably talks to her son every single day. Hell, some of the camps in Iraq have better living conditions than some of the barracks in CONUS.

And before you jump on me, I am a soldier, and I've been to Afghanistan. I'm going to Iraq this fall. If I had kids, I'd want them to stay out of as much trouble as possible while I was away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo