Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vietcong 2 Announced

2K Games announces plans for Vietcong 2, a sequel to the Vietnam War military shooter. Here's the first screenshot from the project, and here's the brief announcement of the game, which we've confirmed is being developed by Pterodon, the folks behind the original Vietcong:

New York, NY – April 29, 2005 – 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced Vietcong 2 for the PC, the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Vietcong and the expansion pack Vietcong: Fist Alpha.

“The first Vietcong was a big success for us,” said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for 2K Games. “Almost two years after its initial release, there are still hundreds of servers and thousands of gamers playing Vietcong all day, every day. With Vietcong 2 we intend to give hardcore fans and newcomers alike an even bigger and better experience.”

With its brand new 3D engine, all-new single player campaign and new multiplayer modes, Vietcong 2 aims to improve on the acclaimed gameplay of the first game, while presenting a completely new experience.

Vietcong 2 is planned for release on PC in late 2005. For more information please visit www.2kgames.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Vietcong 2 Announced Apr 29, 2005, 16:32 Tim1_2

I also thought the singleplayer was AWESOME. That one mission towards the end when you're defending your camp from an all-out assault was WICKED! Multi-player was rock-solid fun too! Definitely one of the most underrated first-person shooters ever! Can't wait for #2....  
Currently playing: DayZ
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo