Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Q&As

• Bet on Soldier
    Jolt.co.uk's Bet on Soldier Q&A chats with Kylotonn's Roman Vincent about their upcoming gambling-themed first-person shooter: "The game features about 40 weapons, all with a secondary fire. There are classics like handgun, melee weapons, shotgun, rocket launcher, machine gun, sniper rifle, assault rifle and grenades, but there are also unusual weapons like gas grenades, gas-thrower and also shields to use during the game. Finally, there are the massive Exoskeletons, which can be used by the player."
  • A Hero's Journey
    MMORPG.COM's Hero's Journey Q&A talks with Stephanie Shaver of Simutronics about their MMORPG: "We definitely intend to innovate, but not so far off the map that you won't be able to identify the game as massively multiplayer roleplaying fantasy. I don't think there's anyone on development that doesn't play an MMORPG of some sort and isn't passionate about what makes those games fun. We want to instill a sense of wonder and fun into the game, and we know that you can't get there by rehashing what everyone else has done in the past. We know what we like, and we definitely intend to bring in the cool stuff and our accumulated years of experience as game designers. We also intend to winnow out the not-so-cool stuff that we feel bogs down our experience in other games. I can't disclose exactly what we're doing or how, but these are concerns we have taken into account when we design."
  • Music
    Music 4 Games' Simon Pressey Q&A talks with the Technical and Audio Artistic Director at UbiSoft about the audio in the Prince of Persia series and the Splinter Cell series: "Ask me one on sport, I can't say much yet, about Splinter Cell 4, in fact I can't say anything. As regards to Prince Of Persia 3, let's say I'm hoping third time lucky; I haven't been really happy with how Prince has turned out overall to date. Ask anyone who knows me (susfurushinghgggrrr….) it's a bit of a sore point, not to say there aren't some good bits, but I'm optimistic that the stars will line up in the right order this time, and everything will work. We are very clear on the music direction which will be a kind of Post-Epic score, with orchestration that makes good use of middle-eastern instruments and power percussion combined with some innovative voice and organic electronica. Yeah, that's it. Arsenal 2-0 against Man-United. I'm thinking of standing for election, how's my waffle?"

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: BET ON STUPID GAME TITLES Apr 9, 2005, 22:05 Buckermann

Prez,
Do you mean "Söldner" ? This is simply the german word for "Mercenary". And AFAIK, Söldner was developed in Germany.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo