Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

In another phishing scheme... Nah, just kidding, I won't put you through that again. The annual Groundhog Day extravaganza has come to a close.

I got the BlueTruck back from Dr. Goodwrench. After an inflated estimate based on the amount of time it took to diagnose the broken switch in the first place (which he should be embarrassed about to start with, considering the number of people who correctly guessed that to be the cause without even seeing the truck), he then tried to charge me double that, because after installing the switch, the truck start blowing fuses, and further time was required to trace down a bad wire. I pointed out that it wasn't really reasonable to expect me to think that the fuses were blowing due to some pre-existing condition, since I had never once blown a fuse before this. I got him to agree that since it was obviously his grease monkey mis-wiring something that lead to the fuse dealie, that I wasn't going to pay for that part.

So I walk out having paid probably twice what the job was worth, feeling like I got a bargain. Dr. Goodwrench is no dummy.

Play time: Escape the Room.
Links of the Day: SaveEnterprise.Com. There's also an MSNBC poll on the topic.
Pure Pwnage - 100,000 noobs pwned.
Stories of the Day: Woman indicted for giving fatal sherry enema. Thanks Warren.
Grandma admits to cheating on test -- in 1957.
Doctor Fakes Insanity to Avoid Military.
Science!: Gases Could Raise Temperatures 19.8 Degrees -Study and Carbon burial 'is climate option'.
Mirror that reflects your future self.
Augmented-reality machine works in real time. So we can get rid of those pills?
Dyslexia slows drivers' reactions. Especially at poSt signs.
The Funnies: FoxTrot. Thanks EricTheMad.
Images of the Day: Car vs. Telephone Wires in Texas. Thanks Compfused.com.
Media of the Day: Red Vs Blue - Welcome to the Internet. Thanks Hump.
Follow-ups: Avalanche man urinates his way into urban legend. What's Snopes debunking next, The Onion?
Beagle 2 'should never have been built'.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

89. Re: SaveEnterprise Feb 8, 2005, 18:08 Malakai

Anyone happen to watch Farscape? One of the few (imo) decent sci-fi tv shows. Farscape, SG1 and ST: Enterprise (With that bald headed captain guy, Picard thats the one) were good. Most others are poor. Sorry about the below rant, i just happened to watch Resi Evil 2 and same an annoying TV show before it

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo