Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Got the call from the dealer yesterday, and as is often the case around these parts, the opinion offered by the majority was correct, the problem in my truck is in the light switch itself. This does make sense as the simplest common point between the dash lights and the tail lights, though it is reassuring nonetheless to confirm it's not one of those mysterious gremlin situations. I won't get the truck back until today though, as they didn't have the part on hand.

Thanks to all you shadetree mechanics who offered advice on this, and of course, apologies to all the real men (and women) out there disappointed that I didn't do this the "right" way, be it picking the part from a junk yard, repairing what's broken with duct tape, carving a new switch out of a redwood tree, or just plain driving in the dark... I definitely lose Steve McQueen cool points here. But at least if I'm heading towards you on a darkened road, you will know it.

Play Time: Gonzo Stunt Game.
Links of the Day: Uweboll.com. Thanks Chris Johnson.
M&M Sorter.
McDonalds Wants You To F*ck Its Sandwiches.
Stories of the Day: U.S. students say press freedoms go too far. Thanks Hump. Where's my whacking stick?
South Carolina police officer uses stun gun on 75-year-old woman in nursing home dispute. Thanks FiringSquad.
Phone service finally reaches Louisiana town. Thanks Stormbringer.
Science!: Keeping Colds at Bay. Or Maybe Not. (registration required). Doubts that a schoolteacher could cure colds? No!
Scientists Grapple with Climate as Crisis Grows.
Hewlett Reports Advance in Molecular-Scale Device (registration required).
The Funnies: Brain Fart!
Images of the Day: Steve Perry as Robocop. Thanks Drewbacca.
Fake Windows Features.
Media of the Day: DOGJUDO. Thanks t1ck.
Couple Evolution. Thanks Sharon.
ACLU Pizza. Thanks Broadband Reports.
Follow-up: Evolution Takes a Back Seat in U.S. Classes (registration required).
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2005, 15:11 The Truth

What ever happened tp parents monitoring their kids and interacting with them? You see all these ads about parents interacting witht heir kids so that they know where they are and what they are doing so that they dont smoke drugs etc, but still parents like to blame the 'evil' corporations and the 'filth' they push.

V-Chip anyone? the one censorship piece I actually agree with, turn it on when u want it, turn it off when you dont, censoring yourself is better than forcing your beliefs and view upon others.

Also why not be true to American culture? come up with a godo show that has strong moral and ethical values that does not swear and show nudity. Competition basically, if an individual decides to watch smut and not the moral show, then what right does abnother have to interfere with it?

None, unless.. they are their parents in which case their are plenty of options to restrict this, such as V-chip, not subscribing to certain channells etc.

Competition people, its the heart and soul of American culture, not government intervention.

Reminds me of that story of a radio station onwer trying to get regulations placed on sattalite radio so as to restrict Howard Stern. Rather than bringing in Government regulation, why not try to COMPETE?

------
$1 tax for the national debt?

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo