Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Seems like the unusual actual autumn we've experienced around these parts may have come to an abrupt conclusion... it's in the 20s today, and I imagine there's a good chance we won't see a thaw again until the spring. The good news is the recent work the plumber did to abate the flooding here has fixed the flow of heat to the second floor. The bad news is that the little baseboard radiators in my office still don't do much of anything, so the space heater is now working overtime.

Links of the Day: Skeletal Systems. Thanks Joel.
Phonebook of the World. Thanks Sharon.
Stories of the Day: Antarctic Penguin Chicks Face Starvation.
Retiree Duped by Naked Invitation.
Would-Be Thief Is Duct-Taped to Pole.
Science!: Muscle Twitch Switch -- Genetic finding could mean gain without pain.
Europe heatwaves 'soon routine'.
NASA to fire projectile into comet (registration required).
Images of the Day: Motorcycle with trunk. Not work safe - not for kids. Thanks KaRRiLLioN.
Something Awful's Photoshop Life Series.
Grand Avenue. Thanks Hammer.
Media of the Day: Crocodile Attack. Not for the squeamish.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

43. Re: Typo Dec 15, 2004, 18:10 Propagandhi

45-60 degrees is winter?! Temps like those let you know when late spring has arrived, that's t-shirt weather!

I don't know how you crazies can go a whole year without snow or even freezing rain. Aside from the recreational benefits it adds a certain edge to any kind of travel you have planned. There's nothing like dodging sliding semis in white out conditions to let you know you're alive!

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo