Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA & NFL Exclusive

EA Enters into Exclusive Agreements with NFL and PLAYERS INC to Expand and Integrate Customer Entertainment Experience announces a new deal between EA and the NFL & PLAYERS Inc (thanks Nathan). Here's a bit, which seems to indicate that other games will be unable to use the names of actual players, stadiums, or even teams for five years:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 13, 2004--Electronic Arts today announced exclusive licensing relationships with the National Football League and PLAYERS INC to develop, publish and distribute interactive football games. These five-year agreements -- which EA negotiated separately -- give EA the exclusive rights to the NFL teams, stadiums and players for use in its football videogames. Both agreements also include exclusive rights for console online features. Financial terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Silly Dec 14, 2004, 01:59 S_DOG34

I love all the boycotting and hate towards EA when these sporting leagues are EQUALLY responsible. They obviously got JUST AS GREEDY to not spread their love to multiple sources.

Are you going to boycott these very leagues that are just as spoiled and overpayed and responsible?

Didnt think so... such hypocricy.

No actually, I haven't watched a football game all season (I live in Toronto) and I have not been to an NFL game or bought NFL merchandise in over 10 years. So, there is no hypocrisy here.

I totally agree that the league is also responsible, but I don't think the NFL really understands how such a deal would hurt football video game competition, and ultimately, product quality. EA, on the other hand, knows exactly what it will do. Ipso facto, I blame EA more than the NFLPA.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 02:02.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo