Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire Next Week

Activision sends word that Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Troika's eagerly anticipated RPG, is due on November 16, at the same time as its Source-engine cousin Half-Life 2:

Santa Monica, CA – November 9, 2004 – The bloodletting begins on November 16, 2004 with the shipping of Activision, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Vampire®: The Masquerade – Bloodlines™ for the PC.

An all-new RPG adventure, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is filled with rich character development, an intriguing storyline set in White Wolf’s World of Darkness®, and mind-blowing graphics powered by Source™ - Valve’s next generation engine technology. It will take a vicious array of vampire disciplines and a healthy penchant for blood, for players to survive the dark and gritty undying world of modern day L.A. Selecting from one of seven clans, gamers will interact with other characters, decide with whom to ally themselves, and watch as darkness takes over their soul while a mysterious plot unfolds.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

71. Re: Another stupid RPG... Nov 10, 2004, 07:38 Nexus

It's all very well saying that stopping the action to allow for communication is bad (not my personal feeling on it) but what's the real gameplay benfit of not doing so? It's more fluid, you can be attacked while talking to someone by someone else?

The point of RPGs is generally advancing the story and the characters, which is not a mechanic you can do with just combat. When combat intrudes on your core gameplay mechanic without having a really good reason for wanting to do so, you're doing something stupid with your design. Being interrupted while picking a lock, for example, had a point in Thief 3: you were meant to be sneaking around avoiding being seen while you worked, if part of your work (picking locks) stopped that mechanic, you'd be interfering with the whole point of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo