Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Myst IV

Ubisoft announces that the latest installment in the Myst series is now available in North America:

SAN FRANCISCO – September 30, 2004 – Ubisoft today announced that Myst® IV Revelation, a PC/Mac® hybrid DVD-ROM, is available now at the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $39.99 – rated “T” for Teen, with mild violence. Myst IV Revelation, developed by Ubisoft’s talented Montreal studio, beckons Myst loyalists, adventure seekers and puzzle fans of all ages to join the story.

Myst IV Revelation features incredible graphics, an ambient soundtrack and a gripping story:

Graphics – Myst IV Revelation comes to life with real-time animations where trees blow in the wind, water flows, and dynamic lighting effects help immerse the player in rich environments. Photo-realistic graphics combined with video footage and animation sequences create a unique sense of tension, taking the player from relaxed and tranquil one moment to intense and frantic the next.

Soundtrack – The music in the game, which lures players into the depths of the surreal Myst world, was created by award-winning composer Jack Wall and features a song written and performed by world-renowned recording artist Peter Gabriel. In addition to contributing the song, Peter Gabriel also lent his voice to the game.

Storyline – A little girl disappears, her two brothers are suspected, and it is clear that their story is far from over. Players will escape into the adventure as they attempt to solve the mystery and discover the fate of the two villainous brothers, Sirrus and Achenar. Understanding their motives is the key to the investigation, which will lead to a true “revelation.”

For more information, visit the award-winning Myst® IV Revelation product website at www.mystrevelation.com or the Myst community Website at www.mystworlds.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: w00t Sep 30, 2004, 18:21 Breadman86

Will include Myst III? Huh?

whatever, I for one am looking forward to this! The demo was great, grpahics were great, puzzles seemed great... and god I just love the whole "myst" story!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo