Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon 2 X2

Eurogamer is reporting that the development of Ghost Recon 2 is actually two different projects, saying that in an effort to play upon the strengths of individual systems, the PC and Xbox versions of the Tom Clancy shooter sequel are in the works at Red Storm, while the PS2 and GameCube editions of the game are being created by Shanghai Studio. While the different versions of the game will use similar gameplay mechanics and characters, the PC/Xbox edition will be set five years after the PS2/GC version.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re:hummmm Aug 25, 2004, 12:49 NSi

I saw GR2 in person at E3. Granted, I'm sure this was an older version of the game and it could have changed, but in May, GR2 looked like complete crap. 3rd person-based, console-dumb caricature of the originals. You can allegedly switch to first person, but we all know that a game that is based on 3rd person will suffer from it.
In my opinion, Consoles will kill the FPS genre eventually, replacing our faster skill-based FPS games with stupid "ride" type of games.

Here's hoping they somehow fix GR2 and do the originals justice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo