Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Q&As

• Brothers in Arms
    The Brothers in Arms Q&A on Computer And Video Games talks with Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software about their upcoming World War II game: "Yes, the system we have is called situational AI. And that's what our designers use to give the enemies commands in the same way I give my Allies commands. The battlefields are more alive - this is not a corridor shooter where you're taken through a very narrow path and the makers use tricks to lead you past obstacles - you know, all that linear stuff."
  • Vampire
    The Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Q&A on GameBanshee talks with Troika games joint-CEO Leonard Boyarsky about their upcoming blood-sucking Source-engine project: "When we first spoke with Activision about this project, there was actually never any thought of incorporating anything from the first game’s storyline into Bloodlines. We were all much more focused on creating an entirely new story and giving the player the opportunity to create their character instead of being given one. I think Redemption was great for what it was, but we were setting out to make a totally different style of game than it had been."
  • Seal of Evil
    The Seal of Evil Q&A on Game Chronicles talks with Liu Jiang from Object Software about Seal of Evil, their upcoming RPG: "Yes, SOE has been designed with branching storylines. Players will be often asked to make “critical” decisions. Player’s choices may trigger some plots which will finally affect the game ending. Sometimes players are not aware that their destiny has been decided as they make their decisions halfway through the game. Whether or not you find an item, visit a person, complete a quest and/or a fight result may affect the game ending. Players can choose to do it or not, it’s quite simple. "
  • The Matrix Online
    The Matrix Online Q&A on GameSpot talks with William Westwater of Monolith about combat in the upcoming spoonless MMORPG: "The Matrix Online blends role-playing, the Matrix, and cool martial arts animation. Watching the fight, you might think that the game is about twitch reactions and button combos, but really the fighting is less frantic and more tactical than that. You don't throw individual punches so much as tell your character to use tactical styles or to attempt special moves."
  • WBIE
    Jason Hall on the future of Warner Bros. Interactive on GameSpy talks with the chief at WBIE about what's what: "At the highest level, the short-term plan is to do what I call 'stick to the fundamentals,' which involves increasing general competency about video game development in the industry within the studio. There are external things that we have to do in order to accomplish that, as well as internal things, like coordinating with theatrical or television companies."
  • Dawn of War
    HomeLAN Fed's Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War Q&A talks with Relic designer Jay Wilson about progress on their upcoming Warhammer RTS game: "Dawn of War puts you in command of the Third Company of the Blood Raven’s Space Marine Chapter charged with repelling an Ork invasion. The planet Tartarus is being completely overrun, and without your help the population will be destroyed. As bleak as things look at the outset of this invasion things take a turn for the worse when the Blood Ravens discover that the Orks are merely a distraction, and that far more nefarious events are unfolding on the planet."
  • Leisure Suit Larry
    The Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude Q&A on GameSpy talks with Tom Smith about the upcoming Larry game: "It's a different kind of adventure game. It's more focused on mini-games and has the free form exploration and the focus on story and writing, but it doesn't have the annoying inventory puzzles that scare people away. It's sort of an adventure game for the next generation."
  • Men of Valor
    Inon Zur on Men of Valor on GameSpy is a Q&A with the composer of the soundtrack on the upcoming Vietnam War game.
  • Online Worlds
    RPG Vault's Online Worlds Roundtable #11, Part 2 is online, offering: "Further discussion of massively multiplayer online gaming in the Far East, why it's so popular, how it differs et al" (15 yard penalty for bad Latin).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2004, 14:00 Mad Max RW

Please don't let Dawn of War suck. I'm dying for a really good RTS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo