Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• id Software
    The id Software Interview on IGN talks with id CEO Todd Hollenshead at QuakeCon about the show, DOOM 3, and the future: "Well, Quake games were faster--I mean, especially Quake III was really a twitch, arcade-style game, and Doom 3 is a more slower-paced game--more about horror and fear and suspense than it is about running around at 90 miles an hour, jumping across a jump pad and railing somebody across a level and what-have-you while you're collecting your red armor."
  • Neverwinter Nights 2
    There's a Neverwinter Nights 2 Q&A on 1UP (thanks Maximus) talking with Feargus Urquhart of Obsidian about progress on the D&D RPG sequel: "But our biggest focus right now is on the single-player campaign. I mean, the original campaign wasn't bad; some people criticized it, but I wouldn't say it was necessarily bad. But I finished both expansion packs to the first Neverwinter and not even I have finished the original game. So that's one of our goals: take what we've learned from Fallout and Planescape: Torment, and really make a great single-player game."
  • X˛ - The Return
    The X˛ - The Return Thread on the Egosoft Forums offers some screenshots from the just-announced X˛ expansion along with a quick Q&A about the project. Thanks Frans.
  • America's Army
    The America's Army Q&A on GameDaily (thanks HomeLAN Fed) talks with David Kozlowski, associate producer on the U.S. Army's first-person shooter: "America's Army has and continues to be carefully guided and scrutinized by the Army, and the end result is an extremely credible Army experience. The realism is one of the main features that captivated our players and they immediately embraced the training, gameplay, and the chance to play Army as realistically as possible."
  • Middle-Earth Online
    The Middle-Earth Online Q&A on Middle Earth Warcry recaps the panel discussion Q&A at the recent Turbine Nation dealie about the upcoming MMORPG: "Part of being in a living, breathing world is actually having the world live and breathe… actually having lighting storms that freak out the cats, having foggy days and bright sunny days. All of those variations are important."
  • BF:V WW2 Mod
    The Battlefield Vietnam Website has an in-house Q&A discussing the World War II modification for Battlefield Vietnam that's expected to be released today (story). Thanks Frans.
  • Children of the Nile
    The Children of the Nile Preview on 1UP offers some quotes from Chris Beatrice of Tilted Mill about their upcoming strategy game: "The simple model is this: people in the game world take care of themselves. Sounds easy, right? But I didn't say they take care of your problems, or that they do what you want them to do. Your role is to exploit their needs and desires to serve your ends. Taking care of them is not in and of itself a challenge, and doesn't get you anything."
  • Music
    “Evil Genius” and “Freelancer” Composer James Hannigan is Determined to Score [Part 1] on GameZone talks with the composer about how much he likes to score.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Quake3 Aug 20, 2004, 09:18 pob

quake3 slow, quakeworld quick.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo