Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Tensions were running high for a bit here last night when Hudson the wonder dog went missing. She did not come when summoned from the backyard at dusk, at which point I found she had recreated one of her openings in the fence and had gotten out once again. Trouble was, as opposed to prior escapes where she never got too far from sight, at this point she was nowhere to be found, and it was possible she had gotten out more than an hour before I discovered her absence. Not finding her on foot in the immediate area, I set about driving around searching, and right about the time that the onset of darkness started getting me a bit panicky at the though of her crossing streets in the dark, I spotted her, calmly sniffing at a spot on the sidewalk. At least she was calm before I tried to put the truck into park before coming to a complete halt, the resulting horrible grinding noise startled her, spurring a dash into the road. Luckily the people behind me had stopped when they saw my flashers, and I got a big thumbs-up from them as I carried the wayward wonder dog back to the truck with me.

She seems to know what she did was wrong, and I don't think she can figure out why she has received no scolding at all over this episode, but of course, this is because we were so overjoyed at this story's happy ending... she'll just have to remain mystified. Looks like I'll have to spend some serious time this weekend mending fences (literally).

R.I.P.: Rick James dead at age 56 and 'Father' of Southern rock dead at 89. Thanks Spiders.

Play Time: Cyrkam Airtös. Thanks Hump.
Link of the Day: Hell in Pretty Colors.
Clock. Thanks David Webber.
Stories of the Day: Skill trumps luck for Pick 3 player, friends.
Prisoner glues himself to girlfriend.
Proposed Dutch law would ban unsolicited toe-licking. Thanks theAntiELVIS.
Early 'Seinfeld' episodes coming to DVD. Thanks Bunko. "The Chinese Restaurant" - Best episode evar.
Science!: Scientist says Ireland is lost island of Atlantis.
Probe Set to Test Einstein Theory.
Solar System could be 'unique'.
Media of the Day: The Gooberstory. Thanks David Webber.
Image of the Day: UserFriendly. Thanks Mox.
Auction of the Day: Original 1984 Macintosh 128k - box - advertising. Thanks Andrea Morton.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

35. Re: Skill Trumps Luck Aug 7, 2004, 22:04 The Pyro

but you can also claim the non-winning tickets as a deduction

Erm... lottery tickets are tax deductible? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo