Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hey! It's 06/05/04 today, at least in typical American notation... What say we all wait until exactly 3:21:00 and all simultaneously shout "blastoff!" Oh well, maybe not... especially since that would have been more appropriate at 3:21 a.m. Well, appropriate is probably the wrong word to use there either... Hmmm, nevermind.

Play Time: SpaceWander Roundtrip First Class. Thanks javagrrl9.
Links of the Day: ImplosionWorld.com Thanks Ant and memepool.com.
Camouflage Duct Tape ~ Camouflage Gaffers Tape.
Stories of the Day: Man Driving Armored Bulldozer Rampages Through Town. Thanks Kar.
Elderly woman awarded $1.2 million for ant attack at nursing home. Thanks Bronco (and not Ant?).
How it feels to get shot.
Science!: Cassini spacecraft closing in on Saturn.
Ocean explorer returns to Titanic.
Drowning in an Ocean of Plastic.
Media of the Day: Outlet Industries four-cross wheelchair. Thanks Jim Chaney.
Auctions of the Day: Baldur's Gate II Premium Golden Ale & Glass Tankard.
Star Wars Episode 3 - ILM - RARE - Crew Lint. Thanks Gordon.
Follow-up: Transit of Venus.
Thanks Mike Martinez

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Halsy Jun 6, 2004, 12:16 Bronco

Where did I -ever- claim to be left-wing whatever?

You lay out the talking points in a nice little row then claim not to be a part of that group? Cool.

On the 'Edge'? I didn't realize you knew me so well.

We only know you based upon what you type here. Aligning yourself with Halsy pretty much places you on the edge. Sorry.

I'm saying Halsy has just as much right to express his thoughts as anyone else without getting jumped for it.

Halsy is a big boy and can defend himself. For the record I like him. Don't agree with many of his views but I do like him.

I'd like to see you list all the great things Reagan actually did that didn't benefit his friends in the defense industry so we can contrast it with the things he should have been jailed for.

So. Discount everything he did in Eastern Europe an his effectiveness in dealing with the Soviets becuase his cronies in the defense industry benefitted? Cool.

I don't know how old you are but thing were pretty boogered up around here after four years with Carter in office. The overall morale of the US was pretty low.

It may be an intangible but Ron made the people believe in themselves again. I know that probably doesn't mean much...

In turn, I would love to know just what course of action you would have a US President take with respect to foreign policy. Is isolationism what you are looking for? Is it better if the states remove themselves from the world stage? It seems to me that if you get involved in world politics you have to choose a side. Some times it will be the wrong side. I don't see how you get around that.

You know, Ho Chi Minh was a nice guy. He was a great Confucian teacher before his political life, loved by the Vietnamese because of all that he did for them, he became a communist (after his time in the Soviet Union after lobbying the US for support failed) to help all of his countrymen gain independence from France. When Uncle Ho died, his country wept. I don't think a great deal of people in the US and Europe exactly mourned when he died.

Yup. Stalin was cool too. That Hitler guy, boy could he make the trains run on time.

Waiting for a communist label now!

Not from me. You just said you aren't left wing.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.com

The way the music died:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/music/view/

-TPFKAS2S
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo