Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief: Deadly Shadows Gold

Eidos' 'Thief Deadly Shadows' Steals May 25 Ship Date in North America (thanks Frans) is the announcement that ION Storm's third installment in the Thief series begun by Looking Glass Games is complete for both PC and Xbox, and expected to meet its planned May 26 in-store date. Here's a bit:

Thief: Deadly Shadows places you in the role of Master Thief Garrett, the quintessential anti-hero that steals from the rich and keeps for himself. In Thief: Deadly Shadows, Garrett finds himself assisting the Keepers, the secret society that trained Garrett in his youth. He is tasked with preventing a prophesised Dark Age from coming into fruition. Thief: Deadly Shadows was developed by Ion Storm, creators of the critically-acclaimed Deus Ex series.

Thief: Deadly Shadows will continue the Ion Storm tradition of open-ended emergent gameplay the studio is famous for. The freedom to choose a unique play style is what sets Thief: Deadly Shadows apart from any other game further immersing the player into the adventure. Thief: Deadly Shadows features a powerful physics system, startlingly smart AI, enhanced character modelling and animation, a groundbreaking sound propagation system and state- of-the art lighting and graphics for which Ion Storm is famous for.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: PC Gamer May 5, 2004, 14:19 Ratty

I find it interesting that not a single preview has mentioned anything about the load zones or said anything unambiguous about the sizes of the maps (except that they're bigger than Deus Ex (which isn't saying a whole lot) or that the *missions* are bigger than the original Thief's (which doesn't say anything about map sizes)). Some of the reviewers have got to know this is a big, hotly discussed issue on all the Thief boards. Did these guys all sign NDA's promising not to mention it? Or was it made known to them that Eidos would not be pleased if they talked about it?

And then I see this time there's no demo.

Oh, and I don't hold out much hope for an editor. What could an editor possibly do except hurt sales for the XBox? Then again, perhaps we might see one a year down the road when XBox sales are all tapped out, but if they do decide to release it, don't expect to hear any official decision on it for a long time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo