Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I haven't recovered yet from the shock and horror at the recent discovery that Tic Tac mints have been bulked up, when I find another favorite product has been altered. We picked up some coffee yesterday, and also grabbed some Lays potato chips since they were on sale. I can recall the chill I felt when we returned home and MrsBlue eyed a bag, quoting the blurb that announced "now even crisper!" It's easy to guess where this all goes from here... the reason I've always preferred Lays chips is their delicate thinness, and of course, this new "crisper" dealie actually means thicker (if I wanted kettle chips, I'd buy them). Another favorite product ruined, though in this case, I guess they are doing me a favor, as there are not many positive health benefits from eating potato chips, but it still is a bummer.

Play Time: Neave Games.
Duck Hunt. Thanks yonderboy.
Link of the Day: Whirlyball of Washington.
Stories of the Day: Man Rescues Cat; Cat Saves Man From Fire. Thanks yonderboy.
Whale explodes in Taiwanese city. Thanks RollerG.
Defibrillator sets patient's clothes on fire.
Science!: The Pentagon's Weather Nightmare. Just theirs?
U.S. scientists create new form of matter. Thanks zombie69 and Tony!!!.
Parrot's oratory stuns scientists.
Image of the Day: Street Art. Thanks jfp.
Media of the Day: Kill Bill Vol. 2 Trailer. Thanks Bunko.
Auction of the Day: Mike Rowe Official WIPO Book As Seen On TV. Thanks jfp.
Follow-up: Martian Landmarks Dedicated to Apollo 1 Crew. Thanks Jim Hendrickson.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

115. ages and boddingtons Jan 30, 2004, 05:43 Armengar

Living not too far from the boddingtons factory in Manchester UK I can say that I wouldnt pay $5.80. I wont pay 2.00 over here either. Horrid stuff.

Newcastle brown ale is good stuff, and I got some in NYC over christmas so I know it travels well (cant remember how much it was). Its more a meal-in-a-glass as you certainly dont need to eat after a handfull of bottles (big 550ml bottles too).

As for age i'll be dragged kicking and screaming into my 30's in a few months. I too remember people saying that at 25 things will get better and at 30 life will be great. Do people keep raising the bar?

EDIT: I never thanked you for that "walking midnight tour of the Bronx" either Bronco. I certainly learnt all about the "Bronx Tax" and the "shit scarper, they got guns" too.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 05:45.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo