Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My buddy Devicer has taken delivery on a whole load of hardware goodies to build himself a hot new gaming system, so I'm going to head up to his place later today to help put it all together. I've noticed that this prospect has me all a-tingle with anticipation, like a kid on Christmas Eve, which has given me a bit of pause as I try and figure out what's wrong with me. Oh well, I'm not going to worry too much about it, as I imagine that there are more than a few of you taking similarly geeky pleasure in a project that many would consider tedious. And look at me, I'm so worked up about this I have to share that in a place where Devicer will get to read it, completely ruining my chance to make it seem like he owes me one for doing him this big favor.

R.I.P.: Tug McGraw Loses Battle with Brain Cancer. A sad day for Mets fans, among others.

Links of the Day: Pork4Kids
Stories of the Day: Police: Woman says she lost $162M ticket.
Internet Trail Leads to John Wayne (registration required).
A third of kids eat fast food daily.
Science!: Car cameras will help us keep vehicle on the road.
Hundreds report seeing fireballs fall from sky in Spain.
A scientific breakthrough: How to skim stones.
Auctions of the Day: Scroll Lock button - Very little used. Thanks yonderboy.
Wow! That's a maze! Large Hand Drawn. Thanks Bronco.
MINI STATUE OF YOU, FRIENDS, FAMILY, OR PET!! Thanks Bronco.
Follow-ups: New rover sees red planet with 3D eyes.
Mars Rovers Probe Water's Wonders.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

88. RE: happy geek Jan 8, 2004, 23:05 SH33P

uhhhh, hey blue. I don't want to sound too geeky but...
can you tell us more about what you and your pal Devicer were working on? It's all your fault man. damn, I guess i'm a geek now too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo