Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hopefully the crickets have not settled in too comfortably around here, as the holiday quiet season will presumably (make that hopefully, <chirp> <chirp>) conclude after today.

I had similar success using that Zicam zinc nasal spray dealie to help quash the cold symptoms I started feeling yesterday, but who knows whether I'm just succumbing to the placebo effect... especially in light of the articles dug up with Google that I've been reading about this homeopathic remedy. It turns out zinc remedies have their own set of controversies, ranging from claims that some zinc lozenges can actually worsen the common cold, to a lawsuit claiming that a single application of the nasal version resulted in a permanent loss of someone's sense of smell. Eeek!

Links of the Day: James' Virtual Flight Deck. Thanks Bill.
Toyadz.com.
Stealitback.com.
Stories of the Day: Stillwater teen survives plunge on snowmobile. Thanks Ant.
Op Man Needled by Tattoo. Thanks Jim Chaney.
Science!: The Mars Exploration Rover spacecraft.
Enter the tiny world of the molecule.
Auctions of the Day: 1930's Philippine Headhunter Arm Band Tankil. Thanks abe.
Dell Poweredge 6400 Server. Thanks Jeremy.
Media of the Day: Happy Man! Thanks ViperFour.
Shark Catch. Thanks Ant.
Follow-ups: Rover touches down on Mars. Thanks John Leong.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

54. Re: Law & Order Jan 9, 2004, 00:14 SH33P

Actually Zoolander changed my life. As a child, I attended the Derek Zoolander School For Children Who Want To Read Good. My Parole Officer says I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo