Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Registered Contract J.A.C.K. Demo

A "public" Contract J.A.C.K. multiplayer demo is now available on FilePlanet (thanks Ant), though public may be too egalitarian a term to use for a download that is restricted to their registered users (though it does not seem that a paid account is required). As is the case with such deals, there are measures to prevent trying to circumvent the exclusive: "You MUST use a registration KEY during the installation...This KEY will allow one user to install the demo on a single PC."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Others? Oct 26, 2003, 14:06 Spiders

I was wondering, with all of the FilePlanet bashing that goes on here, even by Blue (editorial policy slowly and subtly eroding, I see), I'm wondering if this is something specific to FilePlanet? I'm a subscriber to FP, although, to be honest, I rarely use it's service, so the only sites I check regularly are IGN and BluesNews. Do other sites offer subscription services which provide premium content, and if so, why is there no criticism aimed at them? Is FP the only one that distributes demos exclusive to its site? I don't know the answer, I don't check other sites, but I would be surprised to learn that FP is the only one. If, however, they are the only one, I wonder why they get these demos - I agree that a game most likely wouldn't get max exposure this way, but maybe the economics are changing. We all know bandwidth is expensive, and FilePlanet has to offer something for the money subscribers pay...hmmm, come to think of it, that reminds me of another site that is confronting that same issue right now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo