Word on Steam News
is that a Steam
automatically install the next time the client software is launched (thanks
). Here's the deal:
A Steam update has just been released. The next
time you restart Steam, the update will take effect. Here are the details on
what is included:
- Added support for "trickle update", which will allow updates to
games to be delivered over time before they are activated.
- Optimizations in Steam targeted at reducing CPU and memory load on some
- Progress dialog always shows now during startup.
- Fixed handling of cache fingerprint mismatch on reconnect
- Fixed case which would cause the preloader ignoring errors to send extra
messages to the Steam servers.
- Fixed bug in Steam that would cause cache to be validated too often when
Steam started. This would cause hard drive thrashing.
- Fixed a potential lockup case and access violation case in Steam.