Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I know there are a lot of folks with mixed (or negative) feelings about the movie, but I have been looking forward to today's release of the Matrix Reloaded on DVD since the date was announced... there are a couple of questions about how things come together in relation to the first movie and the upcoming conclusion of the trilogy that it will be fun to try and work on, as well as general Matrix goodness to be explored.

Stories of the Day: Revellers Down Plane. Thanks John Nelson.
Fijians say sorry to eaten Briton's family. Thanks Jamie Sefton.
Martial arts expert kills two raiders. Thanks Kazmont.
Science!: Can Rain Be Bought Experts Seed Clouds and Seek Answers (registration required).
Reaping and Sewing From Corn.
Study: Marijuana smokers' sperm slow.
Follow-up: Report: Navy to limit sonar to protect whales.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

93. Re: Matrix Reloaded Oct 15, 2003, 17:19 red_420

Well I guess I coulda squinted, but I already saw the movie once in IMAX, and squinting doesn't do much good when the movie is 3 stories tall.

In any case, the images move fast enough that, unless you're really looking, the CG is not overly apparent. I think it flows well. Those that go looking for CG and related "quirks" like changing backgrounds, will find them, especially with the DVD set in slo-mo. But considering that Reloaded has some of the most complex visuals ever created (right up there with LOTR), I'd say they did a bang-up job.

One of the things I found out from watching the extras was that there's more CG than you might think. For example, many of the vehicles on the freeway were CG, especially where Trinity is dodging them with the motorcycle. I had no idea.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo