Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Spaceships Ahoy: Homeworld 2

VU Games sends word that Relic's Homeworld 2 has shipped to North American retailers. Here's the entirety of the short press release:

LOS ANGELES, CA (September 16, 2003)- Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) announced today that Homeworld(r)2, the sequel to 1999's award-winning, space-based real-time strategy game, Homeworld, has shipped to retailers nationwide.

Homeworld 2, the sequel to one of 1999's highly acclaimed real-time strategy games, returns players to the helm of the most powerful space armada in the universe as they battle to keep their home. The highly-anticipated follow up title includes multiplayer competition for up to six players, in addition to an engrossing single-player saga.

Developed by Relic Entertainment, Homeworld 2 features a brand new game engine capable of creating startling space effects like dust gas clouds, wispy nebulae, and ghostly derelict hulks of space ships rendered with spectacular Hollywood-style special effects. Homeworld 2 is also packaged with tools for players to easily create custom content, including multiplayer maps.

"The original Homeworld was a groundbreaking title in the real-time strategy genre," said Luc Vanhal, President & COO of VU Games. "We feel that Homeworld 2 beautifully combines the captivating nature of the original title, while offering a host of improvements that our audience can enjoy. We're proud to offer this game as a continuation of the esteemed Homeworld franchise."

Homeworld 2 is being developed for the PC for a suggested retail price of $49.99 with a "Teen" rating by the Entertainment Software Rating Board. For more information, log on to http://www.homeworld2.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

38. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2003, 23:31 AtomicFishyStick

Esc works for closing the menus and last time I checked so did the hotkey. I may be wrong on that because I ussually just hit esc on instinct.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo