Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

When the Brain Grabs a Tune and Won't Let Go (registration required) (thanks Mike Martinez) has a quote that really resonates with me: "This summer, a community board in Brooklyn has called for a limit on the playing of the 'Mr. Softee' jingle by ice-cream trucks a jingle that can be unbearably memorable for those subjected to it for extended periods." MrsBlue can attest to the fact that when we were in Brooklyn, the numerous times the self-confessed flaccid ice cream man passed our home cause me to go around whistling his insipid theme song. In connection with writing this I was considering trying to find a link to the tune somewhere on the internet, but I realized that would just be passing along the "infection." Hell, it's been a few years since I've heard it and just writing this has got it running through my head (argh!).

Stories of the Day: Confessions of a Baggage Screener.
Ted Williams Is Stored Frozen in Two Pieces (registration required). The Splendid Splinters.
Wild Science: Where is thy sting (registration required)?
The New Diamond Age. Thanks Shane.
New anti-car crash technology: How will drivers respond?
Weird Science: Europe Decides Air-Conditioning Is Not So Evil (registration required).
Study: Gambling a Parkinson's drug side-effect. Shake them dice.
Follow-up: Cranky Callers to Target Disney.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

60. Re: Wanted: your opinions Aug 13, 2003, 23:20 Enahs

No, it's a UMAX scanner that came with it's own SCSI card. Now for some reason it's not even working when I boot into Win98. I use it so little that I hate to think of having to buy a new one.
I had a problem like this, with a scanner.
Wanna know the crazy fix that worked for me?
Unplug the scanner from the back of your computer, then do a fresh restart of your computer. Then when you get in windows, plug it back up.

Sounds pointless and stupid, but it worked for me with a scanner that had it's own adapter card.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo