Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I had an adventure last night finding a previously never-visited (by us) train station after MrsBlue capped off a late night in the city by sleeping past her stop. I had one doozy of an adventure many years ago when I did the same thing myself on a subway ride... I think everyone who has ever commuted probably has one such story, a failure of the so-called "commuter's instinct" that usually wakes one before this happens. I also think many folks never repeat the experience, as the fear of reliving the trauma is enough to prevent it. I'm guessing this will be the case with MrsBlue, as she didn't seem to be able to find any amusement in this at all.

Links of the Day: Elliott Avedon Museum and Archive of Games Index Page.
10 most dangerous foods to eat on the road. Thanks MrsBlue. Chili? Some of these are nuts.
Stories of the Day: Man Ends Argument with Grenade. Thanks Jay.
Suit: Doc surgically inserted screwdriver in patient's spine.
Masturbating Lowers Prostate Cancer Risk. Thanks Miguel Gonzalez. Which is why 15 year-olds rarely get it.
Wild Science: Animal cams offer strange world views.
Cat translation device in the works.
Weird Science: Researchers delve into the human factor.
Follow-up: Refuting the Kill Bill Rumor on Ain't It Cool News. Thanks James Rodriguez.
Ooops - nevermind. Thanks Scott.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Road food Jul 17, 2003, 17:32 Noonsa!

You guys won't believe what I saw this morning. I watched this person drive with windows down, I could hear no loud blaring music, he had nothing to read, nothing to drink or eat, no visible DVD or GPS screens, no kids or passengers for distraction, no phone, and this person had BOTH hands on the wheel. I couldn't believe my eyes, the nerve of people these days, it boggles my mind!

"The only downside to being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo