Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Take Two versus Duke

Developers of Duke Nukem take on Take Two on CNN Money is an article examining some of the behind-the-scenes intrigues between Take Two Interactive and 3D Realms surrounding Duke Nukem Forever, 3D Realms' 'when its done' shooter. The article discusses the recent shots fired in this conflict (story), and describes why, even as tensions may be surreptitiously rising, this situation is likely to remain a standoff:

Both companies are caught in a nasty Catch-22, though. 3D Realms says it is fully funding the game, which takes away any leverage Take Two might normally have. But 3D Realms can't shop the game to another publisher, no matter how frustrated it gets despite Broussard's claims that "we'd find a new publisher so easily it isn't even funny."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

68. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2003, 19:14 Slashman

Duke Nukem Forever was NOT announced 5 years ago.

5 Years ago was when Half-Life was released an they started work on HL2.

DNF was announced at least 6 or 7 years ago. When Quake 3 was still in development. Hence the engine change when Unreal came out. I have no idea how many MORE engine changes were made...but the original Duke 3d came out in 96 and DNF was talked about a year later.

DNF is about 7 years old folks. NOT 5

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 19:15.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo