Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM III Trailer

A DOOM III trailer is apparently part of Microsoft's Xbox presentation at E3 this year, and the clip has been posted as subscriber-only content on IGN. It's not clear whether that's the original clip, but a ShakyCam(tm) version (the E3 special: shot off a monitor with a video camera) has been posted on Tiscali Games as a 2.5 MB Windows Media Player file. Though this does not serve as confirmation for the rumors that the Xbox will be the exclusive console system for the game (story), it certainly could be seen as lending support to that possibility. There are also a couple of DOOM III screenshots on The Adrenaline Vault.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

286. Re: Ugh. May 17, 2003, 19:00 Xombie

Oh, feel free to be skeptical. All you want. Just quit presenting your opinion like its fact set in stone derived from some mystical source.
I think most people with a basic understanding of english are able to discern what is my opinion from what facts I present, without me holding their hand.

As for the "media curtain"... where do you live that devs are so forthcoming about their high profile projects? Has Valve kept you informed for the last five years?
Unless I'm mistaken, Valve gave the media a demo of the game with an explaination of it, at both their studio and E3 in the past two months, at the same time as the announcement of the game.

How forthcoming have Valve or Ion Storm Austin been on their respective projects in the last three to five years? None of them were admitted to exist until the last few months except for DX:IW and that just within this last year IIRC
Deus Ex:IW was officially announced over a year ago. Since then, ISA has given dozens of interviews concerning in-depth explainations of how they are designing the game.

Id tends to get a lot of scrutiny and most people want to know what Carmack and company are up to, so the basic knowledge they are working on Doom 3 has been out for awhile.
It was officially announced last year, with a huge setup at E3, and a playable demo both at E3 and QuakeCon. So yes, I'm very skeptical as to if they are actually holding back any details about the game, and if they are, it seems sketchy to do it after they intentionally garnered so much media attention.

That doesn't mean they are required to release anything else anymore than any other dev teams are.
I very much doubt that they would have a media blackout less than a year from release and after they have allowed the press to actually play a version of the game.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo