Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Call me Nurse Blue (no, on the other hand, please don't) as Hudson the wonder dog is playing wonder patient today. She had a trip to the vet last week for a lump on her side, which seemed quite serious, but turned out to be a cyst. Then over the weekend, she developed a sore on her face and a runny eye, which seemed fairly trivial, but turned out to be a "hot-spot" and conjunctivitis, resulting in an injection, some ointment for the hot-spot, pills for the underlying infection causing the hot-spot, and eye drops. The vet bill for the runny eye and sore? Almost exactly double the tab for aspirating the cyst.

R.I.P: Computer pioneer, dead at 79, revolutionized database system. Edgar F. Codd, creator of the relational database. Thanks Niall Litchfield.

Stories of the Day: Syracuse Police Say Man Bites Dog. Thanks Jim.
Evel Knievel signs over rights for rock opera. Thanks Alien13z.
Internet Is Losing Ground in Battle Against Spam (NY Times free registration required). Thanks Jonathan C. Forster.
Wild Science: Gizmodo: Vertical keyboard. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Weird Science: New York hopes to grow 'forbidden fruit.' Thanks Mike Martinez.
Follow-up: Amateur surgeon sent to prison for botched castration (thanks Michael Olshansky). The medical career of "Dr." Wang (story) is cut short.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: life is stranger than fiction Apr 22, 2003, 09:20  Eye 

dr.wang......castration...couldnt be more perfect

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo