Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rage in Receivership

Beckham game firm calls in receivers (thanks muff) is the BBC news article with the latest bad news for embattled game developer Rage Software. The article details the company's financial woes (story), and goes on to offer this grim prognosis:

The software company that makes the David Beckham Soccer Game has collapsed, with the loss of 77 jobs.

Receivers have been appointed by Liverpool-based computer game firm Rage Software, ending hopes that a rescue package could be put together.

The Liverpool-based firm is now likely to be broken up, and any new games it is working on sold off.

The future of the remaining 85 staff will depend on the sale of the intellectual property rights of games currently in development.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Ah oops Jan 18, 2003, 01:39 anon@24.76

For example check out
jagged alliance 2 gold patck post.
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=39588

Its nice that they are fixing the bugs, but jesus, look at them!, all the bugs are really bad gameplay bugs, nothing to do with hardware.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo