Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman 2 Backlash

The SikhNet News' Hitman 2 Video Petition (thanks Computer and Video Games) looks to inspire a recall of Hitman 2. Here's the deal: "SikhNet has partnered with thirty-five Sikh organizations around the globe to demand that video game publisher, Eidos Interactive, recall one of its games from the market. The game, Hitman 2, incites racism and hatred against Sikhs and Dalits by linking them to terrorism. The game glorifies violence against Sikhs within a Gurdwara that looks like the Harmander Sahib, also known as the Golden Temple, while Dalits are portrayed as followers of an evil cult leader, according to a vivid description that was recently removed by Eidos from its web site."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

152. I'M SIKH Oct 31, 2002, 19:01 I'M SIKH

What up guys...
I'm a 18 yr old sikh male born and raised in Vancouver, Canada but a true indian at heart...
Shyt i loved hitman 1 and i love hitman 2...I could give less of a shyt about who they kill in the game but the thing that bothers me is the fact that the missions takes place at a temple that resembels the golden temple...
In 1984 the indian army stormed the golden temple (know as Opertaion Blue Star) in a effort to capture freedom fighters held up in the temple...Many innocent lives were lost in this "operation"...ppl jus doin their daily paryers got killed ( o yea and indra ghandi was assasinated as a result of this opertaion ) and i think that when ppl see the golden temple used as a secene of violence it doesnt make them feel good not only beacuse of the fact that violence has taken place but the fact that the original Sikh holy book know as the guru garanth shabi is in the golden temple which was actually written by our final guru in or around 1700 (not too sure)...

But hey im still playin it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo