Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Xymph's Finale

It's a very sad day here at the Blue Tower, as we must say farewell to Frans. There will be plenty of time for me for me to reflect upon this here, so in the meantime, I'll let him take center stage to take a well-deserved curtain call in his own words:

"Hello, I must be going..."

It was a little over three years ago that Blue sent me an email inquiring after my availability and interest in becoming a news editor for this here site. It couldn't have come at a better time. I was in the middle of a sabbatical year, had come to the conclusion that becoming involved with a major gaming site was something I really would like to do (and back then that wasn't such an ambitious idea as it is now), and a week later my cable connection was to be installed.

We came to an agreement, and several months of mutual preparation as well as a ritualistic introduction into the Blue's way ;) later, October 27, 1999, became my first day "on the job." I have tremendously enjoyed almost every moment since.

Now it's time to move on. I am pursuing a new opportunity that demands all of my time and energy. Regrettably, that means I must bid Stephen, Furn, this site and its readers a fond fondue (as Blue likes to say).

I am very grateful for being given the chance to make a contribution, for everything I've learned, and for the nearly three years of very amicable co-operation and just plain fun, and will certainly miss working here. I won't be far away and will keep checking the site, and hopefully we can work together again sometime in the future.
Best of luck, Stephen.

Tot ziens! :)

Play Time: The Doo-boy (Flash required). Thanks Frottage.
Story of the Day: $90,480 ham. Thanks TJZ-HuT.
Follow-ups: Mom faces reduced charge in sunburn. Thanks Reddog.
IWT Bans RIAA From Accessing Its Network. Thanks Mike Martinez.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo