Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

A pair of .plan updates by 3D Realms' Joe Siegler and id Software's Jim Dosť, who formerly worked at 3D Realms himself, have the sad news that former 3D Realms programmer William Scarboro recently died of a severe asthma attack (also the cause of the untimely demise of Doug Myres last year). His obituary, which Joe points out is generally accurate (but has the date of death wrong), has details on the services that were held yesterday, and both updates offer thoughts on working with William, and other personal reminiscences. Update: There have also been subsequent .plan updates on this from 3D Realms' Scott Miller and Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to William's friends and family.

Play Time: Alien Hominid (Flash required). Thanks [MC-2]:DOoZeR.
Link of the Day: American Lung Association's Asthma Attacks Page. For asthmatics (like MrsBlue) and those of us who love them.
Story of the Day: Judo students foil carjacking. Thanks Travy-trav and Lurch.
Tombstone ATM Doles Out Inheritance. Thanks Brett.
Explosive Catch. Thanks Core114.
Wild Science: Fertile Imaginations. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Weird Science: India calls in X-Files agents to unmask face-scratching alien. Thanks EvilToast.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

49. Re: #45 Quick observation Aug 20, 2002, 15:48 :|

#45, Yes, the quality of writing is higher today, and yes, it is probably because the lazy trolls won't bother to register. This won't do much to stop determined or professional trolls, which are the ones that end up causing the biggest problems.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo