Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army Recon Demo

A bit earlier than anticipated, NVIDIA is the first site to offer downloads of the Recon demo of America's Army: Operations, the free first-person shooter game that was developed by the U.S. Army using the Unreal engine. The Recon demo requires a whopping 203.9 MB download, and offers "four single player basic training missions including a rifle range, obstacle course and weapons course," as well as "six multiplayer missions including a homeland defense operation, urban training, freeing prisoners, and protecting against an act of ecological terrorism." Word from HomeLan Fed is that the login authorization and multiplayer servers are not due to be launched until the original release time of 3:00 AM EDT (midnight PDT) though. Further mirrors can be expected on the official site by that time as well. Update: Mirrors are already online at FilePlanet (registration required) and 3D Gamers.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

92. Re: XBox Entries Jul 4, 2002, 13:21 Hellbinder

Oh, btw, I downloaded it at the fastest my connection can handle (60kb/s) from a server I never had to pay for. No problems here either

This gets so old. Fileplanet lets you download for free, or use a personal server did you ever stop to think how much they have to pay every month just to stay afloat? Yet total halfwits are always thinking they are *SOOO SPECIAL* that everything should be *FREE* for them. Well guess what.. that is not how the world works.

They limit downloads on the free side to make it USABLE for everyone. There are thousands of people trying to downlaod from them every second, and they host more files than nearly everyone else combined. show some damn RESPECT!!!!!!

I gladly PAID for my personal server. And I doouwnloaded AA at over 250k in under 15 min!!!!! Just like i get all my demos, patches etc.. The misaly 6.95 per month is more than worth it.

If you think every once else should pay for your services, or that everything should be free. move to Damn Communist china where they will set you up with government proveded stuff *real Good* until then go read animal farm, learn to respect those that provide a service to you, or SHUT UP!

Pentium 4 2.4B 533 FSB
I850EMD2
512mb 40ns Rdram
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 oc 300/513
Win Xp
This comment was edited on Jul 4, 13:22.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo