Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT 2003 Demo Status

A post to the Infogrames Forums by Epic's Mark Rein (thanks POPE and Jean Paul Lebreton) gives a status report on progress on the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo, saying that they would provide an update on those forums when they think (emphasis Mark's) they are about a week out from a release, but they were not yet that close. Here's the deal:

We understand you are anxious for the demo

We understand you are anxious for the demo but posting "where is the demo" threads here won't make it appear any sooner. When we think we're close to the demo (i.e. within 5-7 days) we'll let everyone know officially through this forum. We're not there yet, we're still more than a week away. We could be more than two weeks or even more than three weeks away. We're not holding out on people, we're just not done with the game yet and although a lot of the game is coming together very quickly we still have no 100% (or even 80%) accurate way to predict exactly when that will be. I promise the development team is working very, very hard to get an awesome, polished UT2003 in your hands. The demo will be released when we think we've got all the major functionality of the game complete so that the feedback from the demo can be focused 100% on things we weren't already aware needed to be addressed.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Rumor control begins in the home Jun 7, 2002, 16:51 Phayyde

So who started the demo rumor anyway? I always enjoyed it best when demos like these came from nowhere, with no warning. I love waking up to another workday, but instead, getting that hyper-excited email/phone msg from my lan bud babbling incoherently about kicking my ass. And when I seek the BluesNews, the good link is right there. No muss, no fuss.

I hope this alternate plan of starting/stopping rumors weeks from release works out for Mark Rein.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo