Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SoF2 Issues

Raven Software programmer Bryan Dube updated his .plan with word on some issues that have been identified with Soldier of Fortune II, offering assurances that a patch is already in the works, which will also offer some new content. Here's the deal:

5/30/2002 So, whats happening in the world of Sof2 multiplayer you ask? Well, hopefully this will answer that question. First we would like to address some of the bigger known issues that Raven is actively trying to resolve. These are by no means the only issues we are looking at, but instead the larger issues. When a patch is released a full list of changes made will be released along with it as well as updated mod source.

* INVALID_CDKEY It seems that some people are having issues playing online due to this message. We are actively looking into this problem and ask that anyone who receives this problem send us and email at sof2mp@ravensoft.com with their ip address and the time of day that it occurred. With that info we can try to figure out why your cdkey is being listed as invalid.

* Linux RMG Issues We are narrowing down on this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

* Demo Recording Seems that you cannot play back a recorded demo right now, this is also top on the list of things to resolve.

* BAN LIMITATIONS The current banning system has a few flaws which is making it hard to admin friendly fire servers. We are currently working on improving this system.

* CHEAT PROTECTION Raven will soon be taking measures to help keep sof2 as cheat free as possible, more information on this to come.

Along with bug fixes we will also be adding some new content as well. This content will include the demolition (someone set us up the bomb) gametype which is a nice alternative to infiltration and allow servers to change it up a bit. Along with this gametype we will also be including a few new Raven made maps, at least one which will support the new demolition gametype. This is the first installment of new content for Sof2 multiplayer from Raven and im sure will be a welcome addition.

As if that werent enough we are also working on integrated voice communications. This should make the process of using voice communication in sof2 a much easier process. More details will be released on this when its becomes available for use.

One more thing that will be added is a MODS menu which will list the installed mods and allow for easy transition to them.

Last I would like to mention the forums and the bug report email address that have been set up. We are actively reading the forums, responding to issues, and writing down suggestions for improvements as well as supporing the quickly growing mod community. The email address (which i mentioned previously) has been setup as a way to send bug reports for multiplayer to us.

Forums: http://204.97.248.99/ib/ikonboard.pl

Email Address: sof2mp@ravensoft.com

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. INVALID_CDKEY May 30, 2002, 17:35 Anvil

I bet that means 'hacked product' in 99% of cases.

Anvil

Anvil - from the land of warm beer and mad cattle.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo