Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Though we're still within spitting distance of New York City (as evidenced by how close the folks from the city are coming to hitting us when they spit), I keep getting reminders that I now live in what amounts to Mayberry. Yesterday we got a notice that there is to be a town meeting to discuss a variance for a fence a neighbor want to build in his backyard. I'm not sure if we should bake cookies, since Aunt Bee is bound to be bringing her famous brownies.

Link of the Day: PhoNETic. Thanks EvilToast.
Link of the Day II: Strong Bad's Email... part of the Homestar site. Flash required. Thanks Waltzer.
Story of the Day: Cheney Document Left in Store. Thanks Keith. But when I get on a plane they search my toothbrush.
Weird Science: Having your own cake and eating it. Thanks Chris Johnson. I've actually seen these... scary!
Wild Science: U.S. to Weigh Computer Chip Implant. Thanks Erik.
Media of the Day: This AP Photo. Thanks Eric Kekchose. Take that!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

31. Re: .plan files Feb 28, 2002, 00:19  Frans 

Define "crazy .plan updates"? The tracker is generally well-behaved given sufficient disk space, but it will produce an occasional fluke update if the pertaining person eg. cleans out his .plan (that's still an update to the tracker but there's nothing new to read), or if the company's finger server has a hiccup (which I initially assumed was the case today, as I couldn't manually finger one or two servers). It doesn't happen frequently in my experience though, most updates can be explained from the changes a tracked person makes (even though they aren't always obvious when you can just see the new 'version' of the .plan).

-- Frans
News editor, http://www.bluesnews.com/
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo