Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Wolfenstein MP Strategies

Adding to the rising tension about the imminent multiplayer test for Return to Castle Wolfenstein, id Software's Robert Duffy updated his .plan with some tips and tricks for its team-based gameplay. Here is how it kicks off:

I thought I'd share a bit of information about the Wolf MP Test. Basically some strategies and techniques we use around here.

The key to Wolf MP is teamwork, you need good class balance to perform the objectives. There is no health on the map, and no ammo either. You will need a Medic to supply health and a Lieutenant to supply ammo. Here is a quick run down on some stuff. More info is in the readme that will accompany the test but this will get you started. Wolf MP was designed to have friendly fire on, you can turn it off but it is much more fun on.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

44. strategies Sep 22, 2001, 12:04 anon@24.10

I kept scoring within top 3 using medic and engineer. realized every time that obviously they get extra frags for doing daily grind like blowing walls (duh, thats major points). dunno bout medic rez. maybe just laying all my medpacks on the ground and camping on them for extra health got me more kills (!tip!). fixing sentry guns as engi gives 2 frags! take both classes down to the war room and camp. engi drop tnt in the fork up the hall where you can see. when it blows, dont move: someone may have been hiding and now will rush you, remember you have 4 grens. med, rez other meds first in desparate times, kill self cleanly and let med rez you for full ammo. grenades are not clean.

...just having 2 medics alive on your team means you spawn in with 110 health instead of 100...
spawned with 125 before... isnt the cap is supposed to be 120?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo