Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So okay, the other shoe has dropped on what has so far been a relatively mild summer here in the northeast US, and it's now somewhere in the neighborhood of one million degrees with a thousand percent humidity. loony has already alluded to the fact that none of us are making it down to Texas for QuakeCon this year, but this really does give the impression that Texas has moved up to us. On the other hand, the weather here is supposed to break on Friday, but will remain in the 90s in Dallas/Mesquite, which is a cruel trick for anyone heading down to the event from these parts, or maybe this is just mother nature providing a graceful transition period?

Story of the Day: Overworked? Sign up for National Slacker Day (Reuters). Thanks Antony.
Auction of the Day: Real German Panzer Tank T 3 (eBay). Thanks Sean Szeja.
Weird Science: Japanese Company Interprets Canine Chatter (Reuters). Thanks Jeff.
Wild Science: GM Touts Fuel Cell for Homes, Business (Reuters). Thanks Captain Kaos[doh].

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: German Tank Aug 8, 2001, 16:05 Cholma

Well, an hour and half before bidding closes, but no bids. I wonder why... doesn't everyone have $100K lying around?
PzKpfw III "This particular tank was recovered in one of the Eastern Europe battlefields."
If this thing was on the Eastern Front, its crew must have seen some bitter fighting.

Maybe James Garner will buy it to replace his Sherman!
Cholma
(edit grammer)

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 16:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo