Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III XP Bonus

Battle.net announces that for a limited time, playing Diablo III on Windows or OS X will net players a 50% experience point bonus in the action/RPG sequel to pave the way for the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion at the end of this month:

This hefty XP bonus gives your heroes a leg up on the new Paragon Leveling System, which just went live in patch 2.0.1. The new Paragon Leveling system not only allows ALL of your characters to share and contribute towards a single account-wide Paragon level, but it also grants bonus ability points with each Paragon level gained, which can be discretionally assigned to your character’s stats.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

57. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 16:21 Verno

Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
I'm not sure what popularity of a game has to do with it being online only or not.

You were trying to draw a parallel between not hearing discussion about POEs online only functionality. I was just commenting that we don't get much POE discussion on this particular forum (not saying POE isnt popular period BTW) so it's not really here nor there to me. I've seen a few users comment on it here and there but POE in general doesn't seem to get much discussion here for whatever reason.

Blizzard was trying to fight hackers etc etc etc

Yeah I've heard all that before, this debate is silly at this point. I still don't buy it as the primary motivator behind it. I'm sure that was a factor but much like the RMAH I think it was a business decision first, everything else second. Regardless it doesn't really matter anymore, most of the rationalizations don't make much sense given the state of the game today and people have long since made up their mind one way or the other.

The game isn't changing in that regard at this point so I think anyone who really cares about it is going to get their fix somewhere else. I don't really care myself, I just found the excuses lacking but we'll agree to disagree there.

Just to add...while there is offline in the console versions of Diablo 3, there is also item stat hacking, which is not present in the online PC game.

That's because there is no server component, the console versions are peer to peer (so far anyway, not sure about the eventual PS4 release). The MP for them is the newer equivalent of open battle net. Blizzard probably wasn't allowed to have the clients connect to battle.net proper, at least not within the framework of the consoles. Someone who cares about offline mode probably doesn't care either way but *shrug*.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 16:32.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo