[Jan 31, 2014, 7:22 pm ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
OOTP Developments announces Beyond the Sideline Football
, a new sports
management franchise they plan on releasing next year for Windows, OS X, and
Linux, with a beta to launch about a year from now. The
Operation Sports Website
has details on the game and a teaser trailer and
there is a
for the game as well. Here's a feature list:
- A realistic modern day American football
experience with all current rules and regulations.
- All 32 real American football teams with their
real players and current rosters.
- A realistic 2D game engine that represents all the
action on the field, with the ability to call plays and watch them unfold,
complete with the roar of the crowd and other sound effects.
- You dictate the action on the field: Set depth
charts and develop strategies around your preferred style of play.
- FaceGen support allows realistic images of all
- A complete box score for every game played in the
league during its history, so you can always look back on thrilling
victories and agonizing defeats.
- The ability to sim decades into the future and
watch teams' fortunes rise and fall as dynasties emerge, crumble, and
eventually renew themselves.
- You call the shots from the front office:
Participate in the draft for your team every spring; trade players; and
negotiate contracts with draft picks and free agents.
- All of the (non-playable) Division I colleges as
well as many more, with real players, so you can draft the next crop of
superstars every year.
- A living, breathing world full of news articles
from around the league and a message system that lets you field offers from
other GMs and hear what your players have to say.
- Complete histories, including stats, transactions,
injuries, and contracts, for all players who have participated in a training
camp during the past decade.
- Nearly 50 tracked stats, allowing you to go beyond
the usual numbers and dig deep into players' performance.
- Each player features a Health Scan that lets you
quickly assess their current situation by showing you which areas of their
body are hurt, which areas are okay, and which ones are worn.
- Customization options, including the ability to
change team names, the number of teams, the league structure, the league's
country, and a variety of settings.
- Many benefits from utilizing the OOTP code base,
like the user-friendly interface, online league support, HTML output,
customizable text database and much more!
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Beyond the Sideline Football Announced
||Jan 31, 2014, 20:16
|vaporware? sounds too good too be true. I'm sure they will be asking for money before its done.
.. .. ..
Copyright © 1996-2013 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.