Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alien: Isolation Announced

The SEGA Blog announces Alien: Isolation, Creative Assembly's upcoming Aliens action/adventure/shooter. "In Alien: Isolation, we have taken the series back to the roots of Ridley Scott’s 1979 movie, the original survival horror," said Alistair Hope of Creative Assembly. "Our Alien is a truly terrifying creature, as intelligent as he is hostile, relentless, brutal and unstoppable. This is the Alien game fans of the series have always wanted." This has been a poorly kept secret before this revelation, as it was outed by the discovery of its trademark, concept art, and screenshots. The description on Xbox.com confirms the game's protagonist will be Ellen Ripley's daughter, and Videogamer has some first-hand impressions, saying "It's Amnesia in space, essentially, with Ripley stalked by a lone Xenomorph aboard the station," and there are also a hands-on previews on The Escapist and Rock, Paper, Shotgun. An Alien Isolation trailer is also now available, teasing the project with cinematics and glimpses of gameplay, a platform list that includes PC; Xbox One; PlayStation 4; Xbox 360; and PlayStation 3, and word the game will be "out late 2014." Here's the description:

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother's disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 21:17 Fantaz

gilly775 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 16:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 15:12:
No. No. NO. NonononononononononononononNONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just stop, people. What was the last good Alien/Aliens game you played? I mean, it was over a decade ago, right? The trailers ALWAYS look good, and the game is always shit. Don't fall for it again!

The sound was freaky enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4BYLSoa5Ao&noredirect=1

good music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xdk8aQqrFU

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 16:31:
I do not for one second believe Alien: Isolation will be unscripted. Nobody can be that naive.

The only survival horror game in the works that appears to be designed around non-linearity and a lack of scripting is Routine. Plus it looks scary with an original setting and creatures we haven't seen a million times already. Occulus Rift support confirmed.

oh wow, that Routine game looks good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAcAd1fUiy8

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo