Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Polygon - Battlefield 4 spotlights EA's inability to launch games, treat players with dignity.
Is there any possible reality where EA and DICE didnít know that the game was non-functional when they shipped it? Can you imagine any other industry that allows products this hobbled to be knowingly sold months after release?

There are no recalls, no refunds being offered. Instead weíre given strained acknowledgements that a problem may exist, and the promise that it will be fixed. DICE may enjoy taking little jabs at the more popular Call of Duty series from time to time, but maybe itís time for them to grow up a bit and realize releasing a game that works will lead to stronger competition than cheap shots on Reddit.

The reaction of EA and DICE hasnít just been inadequate, it has been infuriating. The attempts to hide behind corporate speak and mealy-mouthed pseudo-apologies completely fail to address their customers, who have spent $60 or more on the product, as human beings. You can argue about the validity of EA being the worst company in the world, but itís clear that their marketing department has a tin ear when it comes to owning up to its own mistakes.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 17:02 Wintyr

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 07:38:
Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 04:05:
nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:48:
Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:24:
half of all pc game problems are end user

And 100% of your posts lack grammar.

attacking my grammar proves all of what i said is true. people lash out and try to put people down when they are faced with the TRUTH. I so love your comment thank you

Maybe that comment is true in most cases, but your post before was complete nonsense. I played 100 hours BF4 and the issues people complain about are not end user related. Half the crashes were because of server issues or a known bug (skyscraper crashing half the server) or the Audio corruption issue because of 1 gun that persisted through reloads. Or the famous "KIA" bug because you vaulted over a hedge or whatever in sprint. Or the revive bug

And if you actually play BF4 you had all these issues.. which is pretty much why your post only produces laughter in those who actually know what state BF4 was in. Nowadays it's mostly fixed, but nowadays is 4 months after release.

sory yes i only played 66 hours. by saying like you know me if i have or have not played bf4 makes you a lier and discredits you. you dont know me and cant know how much i have or have not played. well unitil this post that is

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo