Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DayZ Gameplay Trailer

Here's a new trailer offering "a raw, unedited, roughly 10 minute" (actually more like eight minute) gameplay trailer from DayZ, Bohemia Interactive's upcoming standalone game based on the DayZ Arma II modification (thanks The Escapist). Here's word:

Been a while so here is a raw, unedited, roughly 10 minute gameplay video taken after spawning into a multiplayer test today. This is pre-alpha footage, so it makes no effort to mask the variety of bugs. Our whole focus is on getting the alpha out, which means focusing on Multiplayer (server) performance. Enjoy and see you soon!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 05:31 Jerykk

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 02:49:
Sigh. Try to follow the current numbers/logic rather than looking at dev dreams or what the numbers were a year ago. The Walking Dead's numbers have dropped 24.7% in viewership since the current season started. Every other season has seen significant growth. At the current rate, this season will end with a lower viewership than the season prior. That isn't opinion...

What are you talking about? Walking Dead Season 4 breaks rating records

Ratings since the record-setting premiere have gone up and down, as is normal for any television show, especially when competing with Sunday Night Football games. There's also the matter of the show's writing, which has been a mixed bag this season and doesn't accurately represent interest in zombies as a whole.

As for the success of sandbox games, I'm not sure that using Minecraft as a standard really proves anything. Minecraft is the most successful indie game ever made. I doubt any other indie game, regardless of genre, will ever be as successful. DayZ isn't even a sandbox game in the same vein as Minecraft so I'm not sure why you bring it up. The vast majority of games in any given genre are not going to be big hits, whether it's a Minecraft clone or a zombie survival game. What matters are the games that do succeed. 3 years ago, you could have arbitrarily declared that military shooters were on the decline. But hey, lo and behold, Call of Duty and Battlefield are still as successful as they ever were.

So basically, there's nothing that really supports your belief that zombies will be less popular by the time DayZ Standalone is released. World War Z was a big hit. The Walking Dead (both the TV series and game series) is a big hit. Resident Evil 6 is a big hit. State of Decay is a big hit. Dying Light will probably be a big hit. All the numbers suggest that interest in zombies is still as strong as ever.

I'm not even a fan of zombies. I just find that your opinion isn't supported by the numbers I'm seeing for zombie-related media.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo