Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $26 Million

The Roberts Space Industries has a new Letter from the Chairman commemorating the news that Star Citizen has passed the $26 million mark, triggering yet another stretch goal for the space combat game. The new feature is an enhanced capital ship system, which will now work FTL-style: "Lead a damage control team to fight fires and repair key systems during battle, control internal bulkheads to slow boarders and man a number of consoles, like navigation and engineering, that will make commanding a capital ship feel even more immersive." The feature creep is not over yet, as they outline a new ship company and starter ship as $28 million stretch goals, saying (presuming this is reached) those backers who prefer the new Mustang ship to the original Aurora starter ship can choose it instead.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

52. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 5, 2013, 16:25 Atoth

Wow for people that aren't even interested in playing the game you sure are hard pressed to lambast it. Like a bunch of chicken littles saying the sky is falling the sky is falling!

Big whoop people want to give money (invest) to play a game they actually want to play. Not the same rehashed CoD EA Sports 20XX game they put out every year. Plenty of people gave money for Minecraft Alpha and I thought that was a pretty shitty game really even after all the updates. But hey if you want to keep giving money to EA and all the other shills for the same rehashed crap every year that is your choice too. Keep swallowing that pill and going with the status quo, DIFFERENT THINGS BAD!.. Since when did a game investor give two shits about the actual game, it's only about how much money they get back in a timely manner. These are the people that are deciding what the industry produces, and as you can see it's utter crap on a grand scale these days.

Nothing is forcing you to buy a ship now and you will have a ship that you will be able to use from the beginning to make money with. You can even take out a loan from the UEE if you can't afford a ship once you leave military service. Granted it may take you 20 hours playing to buy a MISC Freelancer vs paying for one at $120 now. The only bonus you get is the Lifetime Insurance on the hull and basic components you will be upgrading anyway, so you will need to buy a small amount of additional insurance for that. Besides you will be going through the Squadron 42 single player before even getting to the multiplayer part and in the single player you will have a fully decked out military hornet to play with. So right off the bat you should be able to have plenty of fun for coming to the party late..

Frankly I can't wait for this to come out and for everyone to eat their own words because right now you all just look like a bunch of whiny babies going out of their way to criticize something they aren't even interested in playing. And hey if it falls through (which I highly doubt) then I will happily say I took a chance on something I believed in. Anyone not investing in this game really isn't a PC gamer as far as I am concerned and your opinion really doesn't matter. Most of the kids these days wouldn't know a good game if it hit them in the face, it's only about brand brand brand on console xyz! I can slap a brand name on any piece of shit and you guys would gladly gobble it up.

As far as all the money getting pushed into this game it's pretty simple really. We were all PC Gamers as kids and had fond memories of Wing Commander, Privateer, Xwing, and various other space sims that we loved. Now we are all grown up and have jobs and money that we can contribute to whatever we want and we want Star Citizen! It's all about buying power and we believe CR is the guy that will deliver what we want. Even if it's a rehashed better version of Freelancer/Wing Commander/Privateer I would be happy with that.

FYI I originally had the 300i package for $60 and upgraded to the MISC Freelancer $120 package after 5 months. I'll also probably buy an additional 325A package for $70 so I can have an extra character slot for my NPC wingman to cover me on those long hauls. Either that or I will just wait and buy another character slot for like $15-20 when the game comes out and use my free Mustang starter ship from the $28 million stretch goal for the NPC wingman. BF4 (BF3.5) costs what? $60 for the base game and another $60 for their premium service, yeah screw that. I am basically putting my gaming money for the year into a single game. Oh noes I might have to cut back on pizza and beer...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo