Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?

A post on the Guru3D.com Forums reports that AMD's recently released Catalyst 13.10 beta drivers contain the latest indication that Grand Theft Auto V is eventually heading to Windows PCs (thanks DSOGaming). User kn00tcn posts claiming to have found the following string by hex editing the beta drivers:

<application Title="Grand Theft Auto V" File="GTA5.exe">
    <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
</application>

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 01:36 Creston

Rigs wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 00:13:
Creston wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 22:19:
I'd be happy to help you along, but I have to admit that patch 1.04 only seems to have made shit worse for me. Three times I got kicked out of a session by other players when I was the ONLY PLAYER IN MY SESSION. Several times I got a message that I couldn't save, that the servers were down, yadda yadda yadda. And once, when I had Simeon's special order vehicle, and was chased by SIX players (teehee!), suddenly I think my connection dropped as everyone got disconnected. Did make it easy for me to deliver the car though, hehe.

I gave up. I don't have the patience to deal with this shit. I'll try again tomorrow. Creston918 on PS3. Friend me, or invite me in game, or whatevs.

Very cool...hopefully I'll get the chance tomorrow afternoon/evening-ish and I'll give it a try!

Quick question: Do I absolutely need a headset/mic? Or can I make do without one without it hindering my progress or group cooperation? Just curious...

=-Rigs-=

You don't really need it. It's fun to have one and join in chat, but none of the missions are so difficult or complicated that you need one in order to go over strategy or anything. It's basically just "drive somewhere. Shoot a bunch of guys. Steal something and drive/take it back." (It's kinda weird that Rockstar has been dinked on that in previous GTA games (especially GTA4 was basically like that for almost every mission), and they did an excellent job changing things up in the single player, and then they fall back on that tired old shit in the mp. It's still fun, but it does get repetitive.)

In any case, if you stick to a "shoot for yes, special emote for no" deal or something similar, you'll get along fine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo