Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

874. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 17:20 RollinThundr

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 16:58:
Still waiting for you to explain why Obamacare is such a great thing btw, given all the evidence to the contrary.

I am not going to claim it "great"; rather I'll give you a few things that I like about it myself. I speak for no one but myself here btw.

1) Health plans can’t turn you down or charge you more because you’re sick or have a health condition - that's huge.
2) Puts a cap on yearly out pocket expenses for things like medication.
3) It mandates pediatric dental coverage, which sounds like a small thing but doctors have linked many health problems later in life to poor dental health from an early age.
4) It eliminates annual or lifetime dollar limits for health plans. At my company the limit used to be a million dollars and then you were dropped. In today's world that isn't much, especially if one or more of your family members gets cancer.

All well and good, however none of that addresses the increases to EVERYONE that it will cost. They should just rename it to the Ridiculously Expensive Care Act. It would in the very least be a tiny bit more honest in that regard.

And when it helps to crash the economy again because at some point you can't continue to prop it up by printing money, people will look back on it as a total failure.

There has to be better solutions out there than this garbage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo