Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

863. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 14:32 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:57:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:51:
D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

He has Seph, he's removed at least a couple of mine that included zero personal insults at all. I've reported some of Nin's comments that are personal insults and nothing else, those are all still there.

It's Blue's site, he can moderate it as he sees fit imo, however the bias towards certain individuals is plain as day.

Now that I think about it some more, your right. I have seen Blue remove posts that didn't have a personal insult but were off topic. Like a political rant on a post that isn't even close to being about politics. Since this thread is 863 posts mostly about politics I don't think that would be the case this time. Since I didn't see his post I can only assume it contained a personal insult. Either way, I'm against it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo