Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

314. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2013, 16:06 jdreyer

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:32:
He's held passing a budget hostage because he doesn't want to cut anything that needs to be cut. Both the President, Senate and Congress are playing a very dangerous game here.
Look, the Repubs refuse any revenue increases. We need to undo the Bush tax cuts, it's that simple. The government is the largest employer and the largest economic booster. The Repubs refuse to do that. Obama has compromised again and again during his administration only to be rebuffed time and again. Republican compromise means "adopt our positions," and even when Obama does, they vote against him. Hell, some Repub submitted a bill, then when Obama endorsed it, he voted against it. He voted against the bill that he himself had sponsored.

He had a chance to reverse the damage done with the Patriot Act, instead he's made it stronger.
This is a true statement, and probably my greatest issue with this president (along with his persecution of whistleblowers). He had the chance (in fact he promised) to scale this back and provide transparency and he went the other direction. I am completely opposed to this. Snowden is a hero for exposing it. Also, as Ben Franklin says, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Fast and Furious- to push an anti gun agenda on the US. a violation of the 2nd amendment. For a guy who calls himself a constitutional lawyer he doesn't seem to know the document very well at all.
Okay, give me a break about F&F. Obama wasn't even involved in this, even though it happened under his watch. Every administration has its scandals. Repubs are worse: Bush and Reagan were involved directly with their scandals: Katrina, torture, Iran-Contra, Valerie Plame, etc.
As for gun control, a law is only unconstitutional if the SCOTUS deems it so. 90% of Americans support universal background checks. You think that's going to be declared unconst?

Detention of journalist and smear tactics. Should I go on? The man is dangerous.
Links? What are you talking about? Although Obama's war on leaks and whistleblowers is something I oppose.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo