Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

67. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 20:19 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 19:54:
scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 19:04:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 18:57:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:16:

Most of the people on this site and similar video game websites where they discuss politics are really really really ignorant as to who is running what and where the money comes from and how much. It's also very telling that most of them are liberal college students, aka "low information voters".

The money comes from people with money. And it's a lot of it. Few people manage to earn significant amounts without already having significant amounts. The wealth is extremely concentrated, as are the incomes.

It isn't rocket science. But it's beyond many, many people. Seemingly you, typically.

Maybe if the people didn't have the fruits of their labor (i.e. personal property) confiscated for redistribution by bureaucratic masterminds we could better enable them improve their fiscal situation. It wouldn't solve all problems, but it's a start.

Standard libertarian bullcrap.

What gets missed in this is that the largest scale of wealth redistribution this country has seen came from Reagan. And the economy, outside of the internet boom, has gotten weaker since.

Reagan took money from the hands of the middle class and put it in the hands of the elite. The elite that Mad Max defends, despite me being fairly certain that both his income and his wealth are very far from being there.

My income puts me somewhere in the top 5%, and I'm by no means wealthy, nor do I seem like I'll be wealthy anytime soon. If I'm not wealthy, and I earn more than over 95% of Americans, and I'm a single guy and most of them are families, how the hell are other people living?

There's something very, very wrong with the income and wealth distribution, and most of it comes from people that are looking at it from the perspective of what they feel people rightfully deserve rather than what they should rightfully pay (e.g., they always bitch about what portion of the taxes the top 1% pays without ever bothering to instead look at what portion of the income the top 1% earns.)

Where was I defending the elite? You mean elites like Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, George Soros, George Bush and Barack Obama?

Of course you are one of those naive children who believes all corporations and businesses somehow run everything and are evil. Wealth is evil, right? That's a distraction invented by failures. The truth is you are a failure. Every sad liberal can't handle the fact they never accomplished anything so they invent conspiracies to justify "wealth redistribution" which will only make things worse for everybody. You were wrongly taught everyone has a right to an equal portion despite how lazy they are and it makes you crazy. It may help liberals sleep at night, but at the end of the day you are the one to blame. But keep blaming the Tea Party, corporations, racism, banks, Jews, whatever. It's all the same noise from an impotent and shrinking minority of losers.

If you believe wealth distribution is such an issue and taxes isn't doing enough to help the little guy then how much of your income do you give to charity each year?

Did you sign up for Obamacare yet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo