[Sep 18, 2013, 09:35 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
MechWarrior Online website announces
the release of a new patch for
coinciding with the mech combat game leaving beta and
officially launching. Here's part of the announcement with patch
Wow It’s been a year since open beta and how time has flown!
It has been a fun experience sharing this journey so far but we’re not done, in
fact, the opposite is true!
There is plenty of work still on our plate and we are not going to stop till
every feature is in your hands. With that said here are some of this patch’s
- The Orion is available for C-bills and has all of
its patterns available to customize this amazing mech.
- There is a new Applejack Custom Pattern you can
equip on you ‘Mechs with some nice new Custom Colors as well.
- All the Trials are Champions! Give them a try if
you missed them the first time around! You have to buy them to get the XP
- 3rd person is disabled in the 12 players pre-made
group matches you lucky competitive Warriors.
- Non 12 player Matchmaking is tightening its search
parameters for Weight and ELO.
- Weapon tuning and Bug fixes round out this patch.
Oh yeah and the Credits are up on the Website now with a link from the front
end! Legendary Founders included!
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: MechWarrior Online Launches
||Sep 18, 2013, 18:27
|Played this game the past couple days, can see why all the negativity, which is wierd, there's not much in the game....
But the game does completely and utterly suck.
1. No competition.. whats the point of this game then? Jump around shoot and kill other mechs in a zerg fashion, rinse and repeat.. yeah thats worth pumping in $20 bills daily../sarcasm
2. Forget about people bitching about clans, there's no teamwork.. I said, what the fuck where's the strategy maps? And the in game community replied.. teamwork would destroy the game... I laughed, must be a suit meaning "teamwork" would destroy the kiddies who pump cash into this gayness to not pump cash in..
3. Yup, I definitely agree, they seemed to put bare minimum effort into a game, and definitely see tons of effort on the cash shop...
this is not Free To Play, no matter how many credits you rack up, no matter how much XP you score with the default mechs... You have to pay to unlock anything.. Thats not free to play.. thats nothing short of a trial/demo in live mode...
4. Many, err should I say MOST mechs devliery some really boring game play.
5. Maps and flag system are so basic, guess what happens.. all mechs go into a zerg liek in planetside 2... for the ultimtae stupid battle.. there's no skirmishes, or battles, serious fights that determine the outcome... very rare to see this.
6. The real problem, You can't choose your map... And maps matter in regards to what mech you choose... And check it out.. lets say I bought a light mech, and i got put into this moutainous map... I would get my ass kicked because I have no fueld to sky up and away and you get stuck hardcore on the mountains and you have no armor so you explode... But in a city map that is flat and has lots of cover and streets, you kick the shit out of the entire team as they can't line you up and you just fly around all crazy (this is where the only fun is at in the game btw )
SO what is going to happen is tthis.. those that pay will have 2-3 of same mech.. if they get the wrong map, they will exit and boot their other mech, rinse repeat, so they excel.. Stupid
Copyright © 1996-2014 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.