Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Trade Offers Launch

Steam News offers details on a new Steam Trading feature called Trade Offers, which will allow players to package inventory items to offer trades to Steam friends, allowing for asynchronous trading even when one party is offline. They have a FAQ with all the details, and here's the outline:

Today were shipping a new feature were calling Trade Offers that allows you to send a prepackaged trade to a friend. Its similar to regular trading, except you propose the items for both sides. You select the items youre willing to give up from your inventory and what youd like to receive from your friend, and send it off. Your friend will receive a notification in the green drop down and can then choose to accept, decline, or make a counter offer. Unlike regular Steam Trading, you don't need to both be online at the same time. Plus, trade offers can be sent and received using a web browser.

You can create an offer from a few places: from the Trade Offers page in your Inventory, from a friends Inventory, and from any of your badge pages you can send a friend a trade offer based on the trading cards you still need collect.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

39. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 17:05 Tumbler

This is very exciting. Thanx to trading sites like 99gamers I've been purchasing digital game via steam and other means (humble bundle) and you can list them for trade but it's a little clumsy actually making the trade.

Currently it's really hard to browse for games in peoples inventory thanx to the fucking trading cards. Games show as steam items just like trading cards so there is no way to know if a person even has games to trade.

My account, for example, has strike suit zero Mega Bundle and Organ trail in my inventory but so far I haven't even found a friend who has a game in their inventory to trade.

I hope at some point they can allow us to earn a badge or something, maybe having current CC info with a purchase in the last 30 days?, and then there will be a way to browse inventories of everyone who has that badge and make offers.

I'd love to see what people would be willing to trade for Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle rather than adding it to my library!

Steam code stuff you'll still have to trade outside of this system because the only way to use a steam code is to add it to your library, you can only trade items that were originally purchased on steam.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo